Ethiopian Association of Anesthetists in collaboration with the Health workforce improvement program: Jhpiego Ethiopia, Education and Training and Authority (ETA), the Ministry of Health, and the Ministry of Education conducted the 3rd Anesthesia Education Quality Conference on 16 & 17th of May 2022. The 3rd Quality conference had the following objectives.
- Support anesthesia programs to conduct and present self-assessment
- Develop an institution-based enhancement plan
- Recognize better-performing programs
- Foster a culture of continuous quality improvement (CQI)
- Advocate for program accreditation
18 Universities and 1 Health science college presented their self-assessment finding using 2022 ETA’s anesthesia program standard. Panel discussion with stakeholders, consultative discussions with anesthesia scholars, and development of nationwide action points were some of major activities during the event